Performance of MBP

I am looking at purchasing a unibody MBP 13.3" It is the 2.53GHz model with 4GB of ram and a 250GB HD. I am just wondering what the performance of this machine would be running Logic Pro 7 (I currently own only Logic Pro 7). Also, would Logic Pro 7 perform better in this machine, or would Logic Pro 9 or Logic Express 9 run better? Is the new Logic optimized better for these intel computers?

I am looking at purchasing a unibody MBP 13.3" It is the 2.53GHz model with 4GB of ram and a 250GB HD. I am just wondering what the performance of this machine would be running Logic Pro 7 (I currently own only Logic Pro 7). Also, would Logic Pro 7 perform better in this machine, or would Logic Pro 9 or Logic Express 9 run better? Is the new Logic optimized better for these intel computers?

For the sake of sanity I would go with the latest Logic. Logic 7 might work, but any fixes, plug-in dependencie rest, all that is taken care of in the latest version.

I bought an MBP 13.3" for my wife as her old G5 PowerMac died. Taking it out every day for a spin for Logic. Me thinks is the most fun Mac laptop ever.

I have a 2.16gHz MBP with 3GB RAM and 320GB 5400 HD. My current Logic 9 project is 130 stereo 24bit tracks, 1 hour long, and has a ton of plug ins in use, things like Sonalksis and Voxengo. I get a few slow downs, but it took this many tracks before I ever felt like Logic was slowing down even the slightest in terms of responsiveness. Not bad for a laptop. :)