Problem getting Logic and Digi 002 controller to communicate

B3

I have both Logic 8 and Pro-tools LE 7.4 installed with the Digi 002 control board on my intel iMac. I'm running on OS X Version 10.4.11. When I launch Logic it dose not communicate with the Digi 002 board, which is where my motif and MPC2500 is connected to and does not load my waves plugins (which loads when I launch Pro-Tools.:(

How do I get logic to 1). read my waves package and 2). Communicate with my Didi 002 control board where my instruments are connected?

Please help...

Thanks!

733662717_JimmySmith.jpeg.1f1b90cdb20fe142dfb58d37003fed74.jpeg

Digi has horrible drivers. I have a 003 but I'm sure same rules apply to 002 as well.

First of all, make sure to switch on the interface before you turn on your Mac. Otherwise Core Audio will have issues seeing the interface in iTunes (and probably Logic as well).

Second, I've noticed that Pro Tools does not properly close the processes upon exit and often times Core Audio thru 003 does not work after leaving Pro Tools.

The only remedy to that is a reboot, as far as I know.

For plugins, open Logic, in the top menu press 'Logic Pro' -> 'Preferences' -> 'Audio Units Manager...'.

From there you can see if your Waves plugins are enabled and if you rescan them, you will get a verbose report of what the issue is. A lot of times upgrading the plugin helps.

Good luck and let me know if you ever find a midi map for using the 002 as a control surface.

Wow, Thanks jacenty!

Thank you for your response! I's deeply Appreciated. I'm following you suggestion for the waves plugins, so far so good. I also tried your suggestion for Pro Tools but had no success. For some reason my iMac doesn't even recognize the Digi 002 in my midi set-up and says it's not connected. I even switched cables and nothing.

Any suggestions?

Humbly Yours,

B3

If I recall correctly, the 002 needs a firmware upgrade to support MIDI control of the control surface. Your firmware should get upgraded when you launch PT8 for the first time.

I'm not sure if it's possible to get a standalone firmware upgrade. You may want to check Digi's website for that.