Why doesn't imaging show up on my master track?

Barnelby

So I recently went through a tutorial on mastering and learned about using a stereo spreader. I applied it to one of my tracks and really love the effect....so then I opened another project, and when I try to add a plugin to my master track, the "imaging" sub menu does not appear. On all of the other tracks, it IS there...just not the master...what is up with that?

So I recently went through a tutorial on mastering and learned about using a stereo spreader. I applied it to one of my tracks and really love the effect....so then I opened another project, and when I try to add a plugin to my master track, the "imaging" sub menu does not appear. On all of the other tracks, it IS there...just not the master...what is up with that?

Just a question: when you say master track, are you referring to a master fader for a specific output (called an Output fader) or, the global master fader, called Master (the one that trims the Outputs)?

I tried to recreate this, and the places the plugin won't show up is either on a mono track/aux/output, or, on the Master fader, which doesn't allow any inserts at all- so you wouldn't see a plugin menu there...

Is it possible you're trying to assign it to a mono channel? Since it's basically a stereo EQ, it only works with 2 channels of input.

You should be able to go in to your environment and create a new stereo Output fader (not a Master). Assign it to your main record output, and add the plugin there. The only real function of the one Logic calls Master is to trim an Output. Can seem a little redundant but it's useful once you get its logic figured out. No pun.