Logic Problems...Yet Again

johnedwardlow

So this is the 4th or 5th bout of my problems with Logic.

The Problem:

Logic loads fine but when I try to (for example) load a Space Designer reverb, it stalls. It doesn't do anything. I can still move the mouse around but I can't click on anything. I am forced to Force Quit.

Same thing happens when I try to load an EXS sample. One software instrument loaded but there was a line through all the individual effects components.

I don't know if this is related but I am also having trouble with Spotlight. It is currently "re-indexing" and show that is has over 200 MILLION hours left (no joke). I didn't ask it to re-index, but it is anyways....

ALSO: Last night, minutes after putting my computer to sleep, it started revving up like it was turning on but it was still asleep. It was getting louder and louder and louder and then I finally had to shut it down by holding the power button.

What in the world is going on?

• 3 weeks later...

:shock: SCSI? :shock:

How old is your system?

No one can possibly help you unless you provide system info, as we request in our Forum Guidelines. So... click on the link in my signature to access the Forum Guidelines. Then read #5 and add your system info to your signature.

to johnedwardlowe

Your dual G5 may have the same problem that mine had (it was a slightly earlier model than yours, 1.8GHz.)

Often I would put it to sleep and it would wake up instantly. There many hard-to-reproduce problems with firewire devices. Also, sometimes the fans would start running full speed and the computer was crashed.

Eventually in my case, the computer began to crash every 20 minutes or so. It was about 4 1/2 years old by then, but I had logged this problem with Apple many times over the life of the system while it was under Applecare and after Applecare had expired.

Apple was eventually very kind to me (but only after a lot of grief), probably because I had logged the problem so often and they had never been able to fix it. They eventually gave me my current Mac Pro.

...re "adding your Logic version and system info to your signature...", which Fader8, David ski etc have to ask several times a day it seems... would there be a way to get people to fill in that info before they could complete registration/as part of the registration process...?