Can't edit take folders?

daveyboy

When I open up a take folder sometimes I can't tell which parts are selected for the comp. Sometimes it corrects itself (magically) and I can then see the individual swipes. On this particular song it's not changing, even after restarting the sessionand restarting logic. I can still swipe and see the new swipe but in a way I'm flying blind. At this point I'm trying to see what I can do that will graphically reset things so they look correct, kind of as an experiment. Is this another known take folder bug that everyone knows about?

2118934705_Screenshot2009-11-17at7_45_06AM.png.e86ae7ba257f5af483506d2edfaf11d4.png

I've never seen this, but my default first action to try to fix any Logic Arrange Page screwiness is to cut the region(s) in question and then undo. In this case, have you also tried unpacking the take folder and then undoing? Or even unpacking and repacking the take folder?

Tom

Thanks for the response but none of that seemed to do the trick. When I unpacked the folder and repacked it looked like it worked but, things were in the wrong order and it was all out of wack. Should I try the ol' delete preferences trick?

Bummer ...

No harm in trying trashing the preferences - as long as you don't delete them entirely, so that you can't reinstate them if they turn out not to be the cause of the problem. Make sure you just drag them to the desktop, reboot Logic, and if the problem isn't fixed, drag them back to their folder.

Tom