Organs in Logic Pro 9 Don't all work & buzz [SOLVED]

Scott Jackson

When using software instruments. Not all of the organs work. It seems that any organ that is an EVB3 (Tonewheel Organ) does not play. Logic gets the signal. I can see response in MIDI In in the transport display when I play but no sound comes through the monitors. What's really weird is that if I hit record, Logic records the notes but on playback, there is still no sound.

Also, the few organs that do play have a buzz to them when played back through my monitors.

Intel 2.66 Ghz iMac

4G Ram

Presonus Firebox

M-Audio Axiom 61 connected via USB

OS 10.5.8

Logic 9.0.2

O.K. I read the link EVB3...no sound [sOLVED] that David originally wrote regarding the EVB3. In my controls under General, Basic Midi Ch is and option but I don't see anywhere to select ALL. I have 1-16 and if I set it at 16 then the instrument plays. Am I looking at the right thing? It seems you have to make this setting every time you select a new EVB3 instrument. Is that correct? Thanks for the response so far, making progress.

O.K. I found it in the EVB3 plug in and yes the Keyboard Mode is set to Multi. But every time I change to another EVB3 instrument all the settings need to be set once again. Is that just the way it works? Thanks again.

It's the way it works with the way your keyboard is set. To have the EVB3 work the way you're asking, you will have to find a way to make your keyboard transmit on MIDI channel 1.

• 2 months later...
To have the EVB3 work the way you're asking, you will have to find a way to make your keyboard transmit on MIDI channel 1.

I've been making do without my EVB3 instruments (well just didn't need them for the last 2 months and have been very busy). Since this topic was brought up again today, I revisited this link. Finally got the keyboard set right (Channel 1) and all is working!

Thank you very much Matt Mayfield, thindave, David, Fader8, ski and all the others who continually selflessly offer their experience and advice to this very cool forum. Thanks!