US-144 with Logic Pro 8 trouble

meatvision

Hi all, I just bought a Tascam US-144 and hooked it up to my Macbook running 10.6.1. Logic has no problem recognizing the US-144 but whenever I try to record anything it remains silent. The Tascam is definitely picking it up and it says "US-144" under device in the audio preferences but for some reason it won't pick up any sound when I plug my guitar in. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have a US-144 and it works flawlessly, in both Logic 8 and 9. I am running 10.5.8, so I can't help you with SL.. but more details please? You have armed the track for record? You have both input dials at a good level? Your monitor mix is set to computer and not input?

Sorry I'm not too familiar with Logic yet. I know I have armed the track for record and the input dials are at good levels, but I don't know what the monitor mix. Please fill me in!

Alright I sort of fixed the problem. The driver and firmware weren't up to date (stupid I know) but now I have another problem, something that seems to be Logic's fault. It now picks up sound, but barely any when I'm plugged into the line in/guitar. When I'm plugged into the two mic ins, it picks up a good amount of sound but won't play it back.