What plug-ins do you use?

What are some of the really good synth plug ins and live drum samples you guys know of or use? I want to get some new stuff because the library in logic is kind of not cutting it anymore. I also want to use live recorded drums to replace some of the drums. I can't quite get a great sound out with the mics I have.

What are some of the really good synth plug ins and live drum samples you guys know of or use? I want to get some new stuff because the library in logic is kind of not cutting it anymore. I also want to use live recorded drums to replace some of the drums. I can't quite get a great sound out with the mics I have.

The plug-in I started using with my drum sounds is actually Logic9's/ Space Designer/Warped Effects.

Logic's ES2 is a very capable synth. I use it all the time. If I had to add another, it'd be Twin 2 as I love its sound (and filters). RP Blue is a killer as well (offers different synthesis types).

That said, what style are you into?? what kind of synth sounds you're looking for.

Do you make your own sounds or are you a preset user? which in this case, you beter get preset banks instead of a new synth.

As for Drums sounds, I use a lot Thomas Penton drum sounds (mainly for electronic music), otherwise Logic's UB and EXS fit me pretty good..

If you're looking for realistic drums sounds to buy I suggest you throw an eye at Ocean Ways Drums. I heard lots of good things about it. There's a group buy currently on esoundz.