Logic 9 Roland U220 Environment

Sorry, hadn't realized screenset 1 had been locked in that project file. I've updated the file so download it again.

When this project opens, you should see the environment window only, containing the U220 object. Select it and copy it. Close the project.

Open your project. Open the Environment window. Select the MIDI Instruments layer. Paste the object there. Set its MIDI port to match where you have the synth plugged in.

In the Arrange, create an external MIDI track. The instrument will be selectable in the library pane.

If you don't have the manual.. then go to...

Roland UK's Manual Library FTP site

As an aside... The U20 was the first "Sample Playback" synth I ever got to try out. I was given a late prototype to fiddle with as part of my job at the time...

Someone heard me doing a brief demo of it at at a local music store one night and I ended up doing a 3 month cruise ship gig for really, really good money, 'honking' away using the "Sax" and blasting out "BrassSection" riffs.... (Presets A63 and A62 if I recall correctly) for a Motown Covers band........ Their main keyboard player was not impressed ..... mainly because I was earning more money than him I suspect..

"Them were the days..."

• 2 years later...