3rd Party Plug-In Control Surface Parameter Lists

1 hour ago, des99 said:

Yes, I use it for all my plugins, Logic and third-party, it continues to work as it always has here (on M1 too).

Is this for a specific plugin?

No specific plugin, I have tried many and none create a Plist file that I can find, Only the Logic ones do, So I should only need to Save as Default a third party plugin into the Music/Audio Music Apps/Plugin Settings/plugin folder. and this should create a Plist file? I hope I can make this work I would like to reorder the parameters for use with the SSL UF8, Thanks so much for your help.

12 minutes ago, Andre R said:

So I should only need to Save as Default a third party plugin into the Music/Audio Music Apps/Plugin Settings/plugin folder

That's not the correct place, and probably explains why you've only found Logic settings this way.

Third-party plugin presets are stored in:

~/Library/Audio/Presets

(That's the Library folder in your home user account.)

And yes, that's all you need to do.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, des99 said:

That's not the correct place, and probably explains why you've only found Logic settings this way.

Third-party plugin presets are stored in:

~/Library/Audio/Presets

(That's the Library folder in your home user account.)

And yes, that's all you need to do.

Ahhh Thanks des99 I will give that a go, Much appreciated. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2010 at 7:25 PM, fader8 said:

Since Logic 9, we have CSParameterOrder.plist files for Logic's native plug-ins. These can be made for 3rd party plug-ins as well. These lists allow you to reorder or remove parameters as they appear on a supported control surface.

I'm starting this thread as a collection point for people to post them if they feel like making one, or a few.

I've made one for the Sony Oxford Transmod as an example and have attached it below.

To make a CSParameterOrder.plist file for a plug-in:

1. First go to HD/Application Support/Logic/PlugIn Settings/ and within almost any of the individual plug-in folders you will find one of these files. Copy one of them to the desktop. Clip Distortion is a simple one to use.

2. Open the file on your desktop with Text Editor. (If anyone knows a better editor to work with these files, let me know!)

(Some candidates in the following posts!)

3. Each parameter has a number assigned to it permanently. The name is only for your reference when working with this file, ie changing the name here doesn't change the name that appears on your control surface display. So change the names as you like to match the new plug-ins parameter names. Or you don't need the names at all. They are just for convenience.

4. The order they show up on your control surface is determined by where they are in the list. So in this example, if I wanted Overshoot and Rise Time to be last, I'd place them at the bottom of the list, like this:

5. If you didn't want one or more parameters to show up at all on your control surface, just delete that line for that parameter number. (This is the coolest feature, as some plugs include stuff you'd usually not need on a control surface.)

6. When you're done editing the order or removing parameters, select Save in Text Edit.

7. Place this file in the user preset folder for the plug-in. So, for the attached Transmod example (if you had that plug) you would place it like this:

[user Folder]/Library/Audio/Presets/Sonnox (AU Native)/Oxford Transmod/CSParameterOrder.plist

That's all there is to it. If you make one, put it in a folder named after the plug-in, zip the folder and then attach it. Because they will all have the same filename this avoids confusion.

Here's what my attached Transmod file looks like:

Transmod_Parameter_List.zip 1.34 kB · 1,149 downloads

plist.jpg.342d12af54b9ebfdcfa3c369978bc8a9.jpg

OMG this is great. I just happened upon this file by accident because I'm currently transitioning to an M1 and found this file while copying some stuff. This is honestly so handy.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 5/4/2022 at 3:48 PM, Tayto said:

Hi.

Yeah just no effect. Unfortunately I see now that while it doesn't work for waves ev2 and cla mixhub , it actually does with original waves sslchannel. So it seems something to do with these newer plugins.

I guess I'd need to know whether anyone has got to work with any of these?

Thanks for responding

I noticed I can indeed reorder the parameters for EV2, in the bundle for the plugins themselves. Look in the resources/guixml. There is a xml file there with all the goodies.

• Like 1