FontBook vs. LOGIC

Pete

After dragging waaaaaaay tooooo many fonts onto FontBook and spending what seems like years disabling them, everytime I give up on that endless dreary chore and come back to boot Logic I keep getting this alert :

http://radio.weblogs.com/0138030/images/alert.gif

Some Text Fonts are missing or not displayable.

You Can Replace Fonts globally in the Text Style WIndow.

Text Style Window? what the...???

Now where would that be? I see there are some text choices in the Score dept.

But these choices in sub-menus aren't global apparently and they arent helping get rid of that dang error alert. Under LOGIC PRO/ PREFERENCES/Score/Score Settings/ ...keep going...

I find a choice to click on an external font say: SONATA.

I click okay and ...the issue persists...

Sheesh, with all th estupid warnings Apple puts in for newbies like "Do you really want to empty the trash?", ya think they might have slapped a few redlights on the evil FontBook. Proceed with caution fellow art/design/musics peoples!!!

You should obviously leave all your system font active and all the fonts installed with OS X exccept the ones you know for a fact your applications won't need (like some of the asian fonts....).

Right well it's just that once thaaaat many fonts were loaded into my User Collection, running FontBook became a major beachball party. FontBook would stop working ("Application is Not Responding") just from the pressure of having to load them all in... so enabling all the required fonts wasn't possible.

After much trial and error, I can advise anyone else who gets into this same jam to dig inside your home library ~/Library/ and remove your fonts there into another folder. Then log out and log in again and voila everything is groovy, baby!

:D