Can't select takes in take folder

RUFiO795

WARNING ABOUT THE ABOVE "WORKAROUND":

Now all the take folders affected will not flatten, unpack, or flatten-merge. Doing so makes the region completely disappear. Restarting Logic, the regions reappear, but trying again to flatten, unpack, or merge results in them disappearing again...

Will post an update if I can get past this.

UPDATED WORKAROUND:

1) Cut the region holding the take folder (you can stretch it prior to cutting, so as to not lose any audio)

2) If the comps do not flatten, unpack, merge, export, etc., create a new empty track and take note of your comp selections (they may be reset, as happened to me). I simply took a screenshot to remember which audio passages to select.

3) Copy the take folder to the new track.

4) Reselect your comps if they were reset during the copy.

5) Proceed to flatten, unpack, merge, export, etc., as usual.

• 6 years later...
  • 7 months later...
I'm having exactly the same issue but with Logic Pro X 10.2.4. Running OSX 10.14.6. Happens with all my interfaces (apogee, UA Apollo, H2 Miyo). Flex is not on any of my tracks. This has happened before randomly, and it goes away randomly. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to when it decides I can't edit my takes. Actually had this happen with a client in the room, I'm beginning to think I should just get Pro Tools...

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey all,

too anyone who just scrolled through all this...same.

I was having the same issue but turns out my flex pitch was on.  When i turned off flex pitch on the audio track i was able to drag through selected takes like normal.  

Edited by pwns audio

• 1 year later...