Getting Rid of Audio Not Found Notice [SOLVED]

Rossd23

Greetings,

I had some audio regions that I deleted in logic... and then I exited the project and didn't save... i know, i know... now i am getting a notice every time i open the project about the deleted regions.

how do i get rid of this notice?

shive' is correct: find the "not found" audio files references in the Audio Bin and delete them. If there are many of those files, you can open the Audio Bin and choose Edit > Select Unused to help you find the old references to files you no longer use in the Arrange area.

And once you've cleaned up the Bin, make sure you save the project.

okay, i solved the problem, thanks.

i went into the audio bin and deleted it.

i have another question, though... if this were to happen again, couldn't i just use the project clean up command? doesn't that get rid of all of the unused audio files in the project? reading through the logic manual, it was just brought to my attention that this command exists. this command does get rid of all of the garbage or bad take files that logic may have saved.

couldn't i just use the project clean up command? doesn't that get rid of all of the unused audio files in the project?

No.

Project Clean Up allows you to remove the audio files that are inside a project folder's "Audio File" folder, but are not in the Project's Audio Bin.

The Bin's Edit > Select Unused feature I suggested here allows you to select the audio file references that are in the Project's Audio Bin, for audio files that don't have any regions in that project's Arrange area.

Two different levels of cleaning up. In the case discussed in this thread, the Project > Clean Up feature would have no effect.

wait, when you delete the audio files they cannot possibly be in the bin, right? logic doesn't create two separate audio files? what's left is what you refer to as a reference file, but not the actual audio files themselves?

so, project clean wouldn't work. i see your point, that you have to delete the reference file that's looking for the missing audio.

in any case, project clean would be good to get rid of unused unwanted or bad takes, right?

thanks again for the answers.

wait, when you delete the audio files they cannot possibly be in the bin, right? logic doesn't create two separate audio files? what's left is what you refer to as a reference file, but not the actual audio files themselves?

so, project clean wouldn't work. i see your point, that you have to delete the reference file that's looking for the missing audio.

in any case, project clean would be good to get rid of unused unwanted or bad takes, right?

thanks again for the answers.

This can be confusing at first.

There are the "Reference Files" and the "Audio Files". In the bin you can choose Edit>Select Unused>Delete. This only deletes the Reference Files but the Audio Files remain on your hard drive. You can also choose Edit>Select Unused then choose Audio File>Delete File(s), then you have deleted the Audio Files from your hard drive. If you choose Edit>Select Unused>Delete and only delete the reference files but later you decide you would like to delete the Audio Files from your hard drive, then you can use File>Project>Clean Up to delete the remaining Audio Files from your hard drive.

David, please correct me if I'm wrong.