Please Help!? Difficult sale of Logic Studio

I recently sold Logic Studio on eBay. I sold the upgrade disks plus my serial number from the previous version (which is of course needed to install the upgrade disks).

The buyer is claiming that I have only sold him an upgrade, not the full version (I assume he thinks this because the box has the upgrade sticker stuck on it).

I have tried explaining to him twice now that the disks are identical to what you get when buy Logic new from Apple, except that you need the serial number from the previous version to install them. He doesn't seem to understand and has accused me of ripping him off. I've tried to explain that the serial number from the previous version is a large part of the value of the product, that If I'd sold him just the upgrade version he wouldn't be able to use it.

I don't have the previous version disks anymore. I've tried explaining that they're obsolete because the full version is on the upgrade disks. Without evidence he's claiming that I'm keeping the previous version so I can sell it separately to someone else.

I've given him the upgrade disks and the original paperwork from the previous version with both the serial numbers still on it. He also got the hardcopy manuals from the previous version which I advertised as a bonus. I've been as quick to reply and as polite as one can be.

I'm not asking for anyone to get involved because of course you can only take what I've said here at face value. I'm simply hoping someone (esp a moderator :) ) can help me by confirming that:

"previous version serial number" + "upgrade disks" = "full version of Logic".

I'm hoping that if he sees replies from a few other forum members that confirm this statement he will realise that I'm not being dishonest.

Any help is very much appreciated.

thanks

Ray

Hmmm :oops: So I guess people are thinkin' "Best to stay clear of this one."

Or maybe I'm wrong in believing that I sold him a full version of Logic 9? I don't see any difference though. Please lend me your criticism if you have any. I'd like to hear from anyone.

I did a fresh install of the Logic 9 upgrade yesterday on my macbook pro. It just asked for my Logic 8 serial or XSKey, I entered my logic 8 serial and all was well.

Why don't you ask him to take a photo of all the serial numbers he can find and then guide him through it?

Thanks for your input De Baard.

Anyway the buyer has lodged a dispute with Paypal. He's decided that my version (with the manuals) is less valuable than the new version and he's not happy with having to look after two serial numbers either. So it's in the hands of the Paypal gods now...