Crashing problems...Project file backups?

Orrinslips123

I am new to Logic, so bare with me. I've been experiencing some pretty consistent crashing with projects that I've opened with audio files from garageband. (around 20 tracks a song or more, which might be my problem, I know) As I was looking at my folders, I see that there are like 5-13 different versions of the songs in the project backup folder. Are these necessary or are they just slowing down the process? Also, has anyone had problems importing things from garageband? I'm going to be redo-ing a lot of the audio takes to midi in hopes that will help streamline. Suggestions?

They're not slowing anything down. They just live on the drive, taking up disk space. But since you don't have the ability to recall your undo history in Logic 9 when you re-open a song, be glad you have those backups! If you find you've made a mistake in your most recent version, you can always go back to a previous version and work on that, or, copy parts from the backup and paste them into the most recent version.