Electronic Drums and Logic Pro

snacksattacks

Hey all,

I am trying to hook my Roland TD-10 into Logic Pro. I have all the cables I am told are necessary. I am using a Firebox. I thought it would be similar to this example: http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?p=268314 , but I just can't seem to get it to work.

Any help would be great. I look forward to using this great forum as my skills develop.

Spence

Hey David,

Thanks for the reply. I apologize for jumping the gun without reading the do's and do not's of the forum.

1) Initially, I plan to use the sounds in the TD10 Expanded Brain. I would simply like to be able to play my electonic drums and have the sound recorded into an audio track in Logic . I am not sure whether it is better to do this as MIDI or with 1/4 cables.

2) Eventually, I would like to get more into triggering sounds from a source like Addicted Drums etc. If you could point me in the right direction for this (links to other posts or such), that would be great. At this point, I am more concern with point 1.

Thanks for your time. Any guidance would be most appreciated,

Spence

OK.

So the first step would be to take care of the MIDI routing:

Cable the MIDI Out on your interface to the MIDI In on the TD10.

In Logic, create an external MIDI track and in the Library, choose the MIDI Port of the interface where the TD10 is connected, and choose one of the 16 available MIDI channel (Choose Cha 1 to get started).

Now select and rec-enable that new track, and press caps lock to use the built-in MIDI keyboard. Plug headphones straight into the TD 10. Can you play the TD10 sounds with the caps lock keyboard?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I am still not having any luck, either with the midi or regular 1/4 cables.

If I was to use cables, how would i do it? I currently have it going from the TD10 Brains L Mono output into my Edirol input 1. I then creat a audio track, but I get no response. Is there anything else I need to tweak on my Edirol?

I am still not having any luck, either with the midi or regular 1/4 cables.

Did you follow David's instructions? Do you hear anything in the headphones when you play the caps lock keyboard?

I followed them to a t. No luck with the caps lock keyboard. I am at quite a loss and am feeling like a noob. I can run my condenser mics no problem.