Reason 5 & Record 1.5 beta testing is beginning.

Years ago, I used to have a lot of fun with Reason 2.5. But after a while, I viewed it as more of a toy than a serious workstation. But I just received an email from the "Props" offering the chance of beta testing Reason 5 and Record 1.5.

I have to admit, Reason 5 is now looking more attractive than ever. I never tried using it ReWired with Logic. But this may be a very good option for someone who wants to enhance Logic with extra instruments.

Reason 5 also includes actual audio sampling, and I don't mean just importing audio files from your hard drive. There are several new features and upgraded instruments. Too many for me to try and explain. Besides, you should get straight from the horse's mouth.

www.propellerheads.se/

- xpander

for a long time, i worked with reason & logic. i finally got tired of rewiring, and having to make edits in 2 programs, so i moved to logic fulltime (scoring with both apps sucked a lot too).

reason 4 is great, fun to make beats in. and 5 has some really nice enhancements, additions.

but i'm not looking back. it's great to have everything in one interface.

Reason can be pretty fun to work with, but rewiring does get old, fast. I just never found enough in Reason (version 4), to make it worth the trouble. I don't even have it installed on either of my computers right now. I've still got it, in case I ever change my mind, but I'm pretty sure I'll never install it again.

The new drum instrument, Kong, in Reason 5 does look pretty sweet to me, but it's the only thing in the upgrade that interests me, so not worth the money, time, or effort. Plus, I don't like the name; I misread it as Korg every time I look at it :P.