This may be dumb but.........

halfshark

I come from Pro Tools.......

I was wondering a couple of things, maybe some of you familar with pro tools can help relate some of the features in there to features in logic

First, it seems everything I record snap to the grid, how do I go into a "slip" kind of mode, or even differnet kinds of modes.

For some reason, every time I record it has a metronome, I am pretty sure I could find this but how do you turn it off or on.

How do you make a track that doesn't spin off another one.

Those are about it for now, I am pretty sure I will have more questions later, but these are good starters. Thanks in advance!

Snapping: are you talking about MIDI Recording? If yes, then click in the background of the Arrange window and the parameter box at the top right should be titled "MIDI Thru". Those are your default MIDI Recording parameters. Set Quantize to off.

When Logic is recording, you can click the metronome icon in your transport window to turn it off. Or click-hold it to access its preferences.

Tracks: http://logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=6065

Hi,

You can control Logic's Snap and Drag behaviour using the two drop-down menus at the top right of you Arrangement window.

As for the default metronome options, click and hold the Metronome button in the Transport and choose "Metronome..." to open the Song Settings window. By modifying the options at the bottom of the window, you can determine whether or not you'll hear the metronome click during playback or recording.

Not sure what you mean by "How do you make a track that doesn't spin off another one". Could you please clarify that question?

Best regards,

Gert

he means i am sure that when you add a track it simply makes a copy of the channel or envirnment object for the new track in arrange.

you really need to investigate your key commands. sit down with a beer or a cup of coffee and scrutinize them thoroughly. you will discover a great deal of logics power lurking there, not to mention the key to understanding it.

you can set a key command for 'create track with next instrument'. in general though, when you make a track, logic has no idea what you want to have o that track so it defults to a copy of the previous instrument or environment object. you can then change it by opening the drop down menu.

How do you make a track that doesn't spin off another one.

Arrange window menu: Track>Create with next instrument.

If you want to assign your own key com to that, an easy way to get to that specific key com (or any other that's already in a menu somewhere) is to control-click the menu item and it will open the key com window with that item highlighted.

Not all menu items will do that but most will. But there's tons of key comms that aren't in any menus, which is why stevenson's advice is right on the money. That's where the POWAH of Logic lives!