Holding Triggered Midi Notes

theradiantboy

Is there a way in the environment to set up a transformer to hold a midi note until another note is played or until the note is repeated.

I'm trying to control a parameter of the vocal transformer via midi note (Almost like a vocoder). I have connectivity & I can control the parameter with my keyboard but the second I let go of any keys the parameter drops back to zero.

I also would like to apply this to use with the exs24. I'd like to trigger a key that will hold a drum loop triggered from the exs24. You can loop an exs sample but you have to hold it in. I want to be able to trigger a key to hold a note.

I know you can do this Touch Tracks but, I already tried that & there were too many strings attached (too many glitches in logic). I would also like to consolidate this function into the environment pane.

Is there anyone who can give me any advice?

Thank You

-Tyler

Here it is. Just to let you know there is only a range of notes that i've set up to control the plug-in. The parameter I had to work with was velocity so I had to use a mapped instrument to assign a particular velocity to each note.

Also you can just put any audio sample in the arrange window to test it.

Anyways here it is thanks a million!

-Tyler

vocaltransformer.lso

• 4 years later...

Hi, I'm using Logic and Stylus RMX on live concerts and I would like to trigger Stylus RMX in "Groove Menu" mode with a single held midi note until another note is played or until the same note is repeated, maybe playing a note "on" without "off" and mono instead of poly, any help would be appreciated...

Thanks

Dan