Help with Midi!!!

leegaze1

I recorded a full song and now for some reason my midi keys wont play the kit,although i can still play it using caps lock key board or drawing in on matrix editor. I have tried everything! The midi keys work fine if i open any of my other projects.It just seems somehow disabled on this one. I have checked that my m-audio interface is still selected.Any suggestions,im majorly stuck!

Can you play the midi controller w/ other songs? If you hit a key can you see the note on the transport bar? Did you recently update the osx? Did you check that your midi controller is still available in OSX audiomidi setup? Did you try to repair permission>erase drivers>download the latest drivers from m-audio web site>reinstall drivers>repair permissions? Are you using an USB/Midi keyboard? Did you try to change USB port?

Le me know how it goes.

Well if the keys are highlighted as you hit them in the Environment, now check to make sure they reach the rec-enabled track in Arrange:

When you hit a key, you should see a little horizontal fader on the right of the rec-enable button (which should be red of course). The same fader should appear whether you hit the key on your MIDI Kb or on your Caps Lock Kb.

No, but I can delete it from the forum as soon as I download it.

If you don't want to upload, I'm pretty sure this has something to do with your Click and Ports layer. Try cabling the SUM cable right into the physical input and see if that helps. Or try deleting that layer all together, along with all the objects in it -> It should still work.