Ultrabeat - help with using patterns required.

chargedup

Hi everyone. Obviously with a post count of 1 I’m very new here, although I have been lurking in the background for a few months picking up on the good tips and such.

I do have a question if someone could offer some advice? Here’s the background…

I’m new to DAWs having used just hardware in the past. I like to make dance music: Hard House, Electro etc and am wondering what’s the best way to track out my beats. In the past I have placed all my drum parts on separate tracks to allow for total control, with Logic I have discovered Ultrbeat and think it’s really productive but I can’t figure out the best way to get these patterns into Logic. Here’s what I’ve done so far….

Created a kit in Ultrabeat comprising of samples and synthesis.

Made and saved patterns.

Dragged the pattern into the Arrange Window in Logic

Demixed by note to separate out the drum parts.

Here’s where I get stuck.

If I leave all the parts using the same instance of Ultrabeat I have no control over the individual parts i.e. Volume, Compression etc.

If I create a new Instrument for each part with its own instance of Ultrabeat Logic loads the same samples 15 or 16 times, which can’t be good. Although this way I do have total control.

I expect there are other ways of doing this but I can’t think of them, if anyone has a system that they use that overcomes these restrictions/problems I’d be grateful for their insight.

Many thanks,

Created a kit in Ultrabeat comprising of samples and synthesis.

Made and saved patterns.

Dragged the pattern into the Arrange Window in Logic

Demixed by note to separate out the drum parts,

To apply FXS individualluy(ie. kick drum, snare,hi hat..) you might wanna to try auxes.

I program a lot of drums in logic and i've found izotope idrum to be more straight foward and enjoyable then ultrabeat.There is a free 30 days fully functional demo. Best part of it it's only 60 dollars.

Brilliant! Thanks David.

I know this is probably really simple stuff to most but I didn't want to get into the habit of doing this bread & butter stuff wrong.

I can now make myself a template with the Aux's pre-configured to an Ultrabeat Kit with my panning all sorted - this will be a real labour saver, excellent.

Wayne.