Environment help: can't use electribe

gonzo

I am using a saffire le connected to logic where a korg microkorg is connected and working fine. but then, I have a KORG ELECTRIBE ER-1 connected to a MIDISPORT UNO (midi interface) connected to the computer via USB. Logic recognizes the midisport, and i created the electribe in the global objects section of the environment, just like the microkorg, but it does not work when i load it in the arrange window. I can see the midi events being transmited to the computer whenever i press a button on the electribe, but I do not hear any sounds. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!!! :shock: please tell me how i should program things so that I may use my hardware in logic.

p.s. I had to reinstall everythng.... The preferences are set so that everytime audio keeps recording a new file when trying to record audio. how do I SET IT TO RECORD AUDIO IN THE ENABLED TRACK ONLY?

thnks.'

It is connected to the correct port. and it is in the MIDI INSTr. layer, set to ALL in channel. the only thing i can think of is that it is not cabled to anything, but neiother is the microkorg and it works fine. might it be a midi setting in the electribe, or would it be something in the way i have it set up in logic,,, still do not know. thanks.

yes i set the port to the MIDISPORT USB UNO, which is where the electribe is connected, and i do not see or know where there would be a local on/off on the electribe, but i will look it up. If te port is set correctly, what else could it be?

sorry, stupid me, did not have audio outputting out of the electribe, NO WONDER!!! everything is set up fine now. ANYWAYS, one other question now, how do i go about connecting a DRUM MACHINE that i have via a THRU of the microkorg.

macbook pro>saffire le> microkorg >microkorg thru> drum machine,

how do i hook ti up as as to be able to send mesages to the drum machine to control via midi, without affecting the microkorg, in otherwords, how do i make logic recognize that the midi for the drum machine is in a thru plug for the microkorg?

thanks for all the help

Archived