Two questions...

mik

Am using G5 with Logic Pro 7 on a DAE / DTDM system. (PT HD2)

Q1 I have inserted plugins on the Master Outputs for each stem, eg, Drums out Master 1-2, guitars out Master 3-4 etc. However these inserts seem to be post (relevant Master) fader. Why? Any way of changing this?

Q2 Am using a compressor (Waves C1) on my guitar Master stem. It is sidechained to the vocal master stem so as to duck in varying amounts depending on how loud the vocal is. Problem is, I'd like it to duck the guitar volume more when the vocal is quiet and less when the vocal is loud. At the mo, it does the opposite and ducks the guitars the most when the vocal is loudest. Not ideal. Any suggestions? I know I could just use a gate to duck a set amount each time, but I'm sure there is a way to do what I want but I just can't get me head around it...

1. Definitely post fader. When I pull down the volume on the master fader the levels within the chained plugins decreases accordingly. Must be the PT DAE doing it.

2. Surely that would do the same thing? If the volume hitting the sidechain is loud it'll cause more compression and turn the guitars down more.

Archived