Logic verses Cubase with editing

Annieb

I just recently saw cubase do some things I don't think Logic can do, as far as automatically creating an option for crossfade as soon as a track is cut and changing the levels of the wave forms in the arrange window without using track automation....

is there any way of accessing these incredibly useful tools in Logic?

I'm not familiar with Cubase..

You can try the X-fade 'Drag' mode, but it probably won't give you exactly the same functionality as Cubase.

You can change the 'Gain' of an Audio Region or just a selection in the Sample Editor: Functions > Change Gain.

So for example, let's say you just want to tame a P that is too loud in your vocals: zoom onto the waveform in the Arrange window, select the part of the waveform that corresponds to a P with the marquee tool, double click it (with the arrow tool) to open the sample editor, and change the gain.

I just recently saw cubase do some things I don't think Logic can do, as far as automatically creating an option for crossfade as soon as a track is cut and changing the levels of the wave forms in the arrange window without using track automation....

is there any way of accessing these incredibly useful tools in Logic?

for region specific setting of volume you can use hyperdraw. This is the same sort of function as in cubase but then useable for every possible parameter. In your case you would set hyperdraw to volume (view>hyperdraw>volume) and set the level for the region there.

In preferences>audio>general there is a setting for automatic crossfade and crossfadecurve, but that's only for merging audio, not for regions. The crossfade tool is ment for regions.

Cheers

Budy

wow. that would be awesome. I've discussed this in other forums and had come to the conclusion that it was impossible.

David is a master of the Environment and it is the Environment that makes Logic unique.

On the Pro side there are things you can set up in it that you cannot in any other app. The Con side is that there are things that you must do in the Environment which can be daunting ify ou do not understand it.

The ultimate master of the Environment is Len Sasso.

www.swiftkick.com.

You can download for free his Environmental Toolkit to learn more.