Automation 2 parameters at once, w/there own knob...

sadie8686

I am having trouble automation 2 parameters at once. I went to Options-Track Automation---Automation Settings--then I click "on" for quick automation access. I click edit, then I click my first parameter, then move a knob. I repeat this process for the 2nd parameter, and all that happens is each knob controls each parameter. I want each knob to only control one parameter, not 2!!! What am I doing wrong. :(

The tutorial I watched had the original track selected and did not use the track mixer. Do you want to reasign the conrol? It then gives me 3 options-cancel, both, or reasign. Then automation quick access turns off. If I press "reasign", then one control will control both parameters, and if I press "both", then both controls control one parameter. But what I want is for each control to control their own parameter.

My next question is since I have seen automating 2 parameters on one track at once work on the tutorial. Can you also automate two parameters, one on one track and one on a completely different track?