Ultrabeat bug...

sadie8686

Whenever I load a new .wav sample from my desktop into an Ultrabeat channel that did not come with Logic via the sample box by Osc. 2, I can not preview, let alone import any analog ultrabeat banks from the import drawer(works fine w/sets and the first 3 accoustic banks) without my sounds that I loaded in (that did not come with Logic) disappearing. It is really getting on my nerves. I swear, all I do is preview the analog ultrabeat bank up top at the import drawer and my sounds will disappear if I brought them in via the sample box by Osc. 2. I even saved my custom kit as a .pst file. The .wav files that I loaded from my desktop that don't come with Logic still disappear!

P.S. I can preview the first 3 accoustic banks w/no problems.

I can't even load a sample from the "Ultrabeat samples" folder in the sample box on the bottom of Ultrabeat. Nothing!

Thanks. I wil try that out. I also wrote Apple, and they duplicated the problem. also told them how stupid it is that we have to turn off all the red buttons on Ultrabeat every time we load a sample that didn't come with Logic that way. I mean, we obviously don't want those buttons on, in order to hear the sample we were just previewing, so why don't they turn those damn things off? I also told them how everyone talks s#!+ about the Ultrabeat b/c of how unuser friendly it is, and that if they fixed it, there wouldn't be any reason for the average Joe to go out and buy another drum machine or to use the EXS24 instead.

sadie, did you download my "Ultrabeat Sample Player" setting, in the Sculpture & Ultrabeat section? It is a default setting with all envelopes, modulations, LFOs, routing, zeroed out, so that any sample you drag onto OSC2 will play at its nominal level through Ultrabeat (same exact sound you'd get by placing the sound on an Audio track with a fader set to 0dB).

Tried it. Aiff's don't work either. David, I already have one of those blank presets. The same bug happens. I wrote Apple @ apple.com/feedback, and they replied saying they have duplicated the problem. I also told them that they should make it to where every time you import a sound in the Osc2 sample box, that all red buttons should be turned off and you should hear the exact sound you were just previewing, duh. Anyways, I love the concept of this pimped out free drum machine/synthesizer in Logic that has eq's along with adjustable attack and decays for each sound, but damn it doesn't do the simple things.