Question about custom Track Mixer...

cali316

Hey all,

I did a search on this and wasn't able to come up with anything (used "custom mixer wiindow" as my search string). Sorry if this has been brought up before. I was wondering if there was a way to setup custom views in the Track Mixer window. I have screenset 2 setup as my track mixer / arrange windows. I'm currently in the process of mixing down this new project and I have a ton of tracks to deal with. I've setup submixes on some of my Aux channels so I can bounce down to stems. What I'd like to do is have my track mixer window show only these Aux channels, but the problem I'm running into is that I've also used several instances of Stylus RMX (multi-channel) that are being routed to many other Aux tracks as well. So obviously when I select to view just the Aux tracks in the mixer window, I'm getting both the submix channels as well as all of the Stylus Aux channels. Is there a way to set it up so that I only view the submix Aux channels??

TIA for any help on this. And God bless ya David for such a kick ass site! :wink:

Thanks!

The Track Mixer is customizable to a point: It is either in adaptive (showing you the tracks in an Arrange Window) or in global (showing you all the environment objects) mode. You can use the filter buttons in either modes to show only a certain category of objects.

In adaptive mode, you can use folders to create Arrange windows (thus Track Mixers) showing you only certain tracks: http://logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=2912

The environment mixer is totally customizable as you can place any objects in any layer.

Hey David, thanks for the response and the reply. Man, I'm going through the steps outlined on that page and the one thing I'm confused about is creating the empty folders in the Arrange window. How do you create just an empty folder - one that I can go into and delete / add tracks? My steps so far - in the Arrange window, created a new track then clicked and held down the mouse and in the submenu I chose to "create folder" (which for me is listed under "MIDI click / No Output"). But now if I double click on that folder track itself, it opens up a Mixer window - clicking directly on the Arrange does nothing. I know that if you select several tracks then create a folder, you can actually go inside the folder and see the tracks you've selected - but I'm not understanding how to create just an empty folder to do that with...?

Thanks again for the help - very much appreciated.