midi recording please help

mis-phit-toy

so i want to record one audio instrument at one time ... Instrument 1 and Instrument 2, so i have inst one set at channel one and instrument two set at channel 2. After i record instrument 1 and protect it i arm Instrument 2... when i record on instrument 2's track, it records the notes from instrument 1. So i then put a channelizer in the environment ... i cabled it from the direct port of the controller, then each channel was cabled to a different audio instrument, and finally each audio instrument had a cable going to recording and thru. What am i doing wrong here? I have been spending way too much trying to just set up Logic so I can record, making it work for me ... time that should have been used writing my music :evil:

I originally wanted to have a template that incorporated two different controllers. Then I wanted to have specific instruments for specific channels. This way, I would open up a song and always know that Channel 9 on my CME would be the impOSCar and channel 1 on my Kurzweil would be Ivory. I thought I had to cable objects together to do so, (i'm very new to sequencing), I now know that no cabling is needed. Thank You :D

Archived