Anyone Have Unusual/Old Gear In DAW Set-Up?

al

Anybody have any unusual gear integrated with their DAW?

I'm fascinated by the marriage of modern digital with older/archaic gear and

how people work with it to good effect.

We all know that when it comes to recording, there is no limit to the money one can spend.

What's the thing in your set-up that makes people say "You actually use that?"

For instance, my mixing board is an old 12-channel Kelsey club board. (Regarded by some as best used as an anchor for a small boat or as a large door wedge, but I can't part with it.)

It gets the job done within my set up and I love its' built in reverb for acoustic guitar.

Bye for now.

I looked up both the Roland MC-505 and the Oberheim DX. Hadn't heard of them before.

Now I'm psyched to dust off the old Roland TR-707 that I haven't used since my 4-track cassette recorder days! But hmmm, where do I find a neon jumpsuit?!?

Thanks for sharing. I'm always interested to learn about digital goodies of yesteryear or, well maybe yestermonth, considering how fast things change. :D

Bye for now.

I have an original Analog AD9 from Ibanez. I love to run audio through it as I wiggle the delay time knob. Makes for crazy speeding-up or slowing down tape sound effects. It also does some cool "robot" sound effects when the delay time is set very short.

I haven't found a plug-in that can do that.

http://www.elderly.com/images/new_instruments/135N/AD9.jpg

For instance, my mixing board is an old 12-channel Kelsey club board. (Regarded by some as best used as an anchor for a small boat or as a large door wedge, but I can't part with it.)

It gets the job done within my set up and I love its' built in reverb for acoustic guitar.

Sounds like my story except that I just found this Sunn mixer on a curb one day, took it home and cleaned it, and now it's my main mixer in my studio! :lol: It looks cool with the fake-leather arm rest on the bottom, and the built-in reverb sounds great on mine as well! Sure, it crackles when I turn the Trim pots, so I make sure not to do that when recording! :wink: :lol: