My midi Keyboard won't show up in Logic Pro intel mac versio

olliegibsonhotmail.com

Hi,

I have a yamaha djx which i plug into a steinberg mi4 interface via midi cable, which is connected to my imac via usb. the mi4 box seems to pick up my midi in but logic pro neither detects the midi device or any keystrokes i make. i can hear sound from the output when i enter notes in the matrix editor but i cannot record notes in from playing them in on the keyboard aslogic doesnt seem to know the keyboard or midi that im entering is there. i have done the midi setup assistant in preferences and the djx doesnt show. does anybody know why this is. is there a problem using my steinberg interface with logic or do i have to set something else up. Id be really grateful for any help as i am hindered by not being able to play stuff in.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

have you cabled an extenal instrument in core midi to your your interface? If yes, have you made sure that the template, or default song you are opening is set up for midi recording? That is, inside your environment you should have a layer that has a physical input with a cable coming from it's sum output going to recording and through ... let me know if this helps

1724929562_Picture1.thumb.png.8f3c0d29699c0ffe925bd321ec7bd3cc.png

Hi, thanks for advise. I tried to put the things from your environment in mine but i couldnt and this is what my environment looks like if its any help (attached). Im pretty bad at sorting out technical stuff. Should i be able to sort this problem out in logic even though when the setup assistant scans for midi devices and my keyboard is physically connected, it cannot find any midi devices?

thanks

Hi.

I've checked the system profiler and my mi4 box shows up fine. i don't think it's the cables as i'm getting power to my mi4 from the computer via usb and the mi4 has a light to indicate whether or not there is a midi in connection and the light is on. this mi4 came with cubase system 4 an i was thinking it might be a compatibility problem with logic but i can hear and listen back to notes that i put in the matrix editor by mouse and my monitors are connected to the same mi4 and it drives the sound for itunes and all other sound on my computer fine. on cubase i could also plug an electric guitar in the instrument in on the mi4 and record live guitar but when i try to do that on an audio track in logic it doesnt record or register what i play.

?

Archived