Help--in a session and need help with input question

Jazzooo

Hi--sorry for the panicked tone.

I am running three mics into my Tascam 1884, then Firewire into Logic (MBP).

I need to run all three mics simultaneously. I set the input for one mic to Input One, then input to another to Input Two...but I have no other choices for the thrid mic aside from Input One or Two. Shouldn't I be able to select a different input? They are all greyed out.

Thanks,

Doug

Hi--sorry for the panicked tone.

I am running three mics into my Tascam 1884, then Firewire into Logic (MBP).

I need to run all three mics simultaneously. I set the input for one mic to Input One, then input to another to Input Two...but I have no other choices for the thrid mic aside from Input One or Two. Shouldn't I be able to select a different input? They are all greyed out.

Thanks,

Doug

If you run the Logic Setup Assistant and your Tascam is hooked up and you select it as your default it should configure as many inputs and outputs as the Tascam has.

Sorry to report that that isn't working! I ran the setup assistant, and you can see on one of the first pages that it asks for the number of inputs--my only choices are 2 or 1. I did the drill anyway, but nothing has changed. The Tascam is selected as my main controller.

So as it stands, I can only record on two tracks simultaneously at this momnent. More help, please.

I swear to you all--the Tascam is selected in the Audio/Audio Hardware and Drivers section; the buffer size is set for 64, and it says "Maximum audio tracks =32" or whatever.

I have reset the control surface parameters and each time when it gets to maximum inputs, my choices are either 1 or 2 or 1+2.

This is making me nuts. :)