Detuning+Nudging

Dr.Frank

For pitch shifting, try the Pitch Shifter ll plug-in in the "Special" menu.

Nudging shifts an event (perhap a region) by a specific amount. You can find ONLY as a key command. Go to key commands and type nudge into the search field to find the options.

Steeve i tried with the pitch shift even with 2 cents which give a chorus effect. But it does not sound right, i want to apply it to a soft synth or midi track not and audio . i seem that the pitch is for audio since the choices are for vocals..

Thanks

Many of the soft synths can be detuned by cents right at their oscillators. The reason that the Pitch Shifter ll gave you a chorus effect has to do with the mix control on the plug-in. If you move he slider to 100% then you'll only hear the the shifted pitch with out the original signal mixed back in.

Why do you want to detune?

Steve thanks again.

I want to triple a string part and make it sound more natural an i know

detuning to a max of 10 cents will do it. First time i am trying it. Hope i can get it to work on any better tricks to make the parts sound better.

Frank

Hey Frank, rather than detuning copies of the same regions playing the same instruments (this will always produce a very synthetic chorussy flangy result) try using completely different instruments and using transform's humanize command to offset the midi performance of the copied track.

Or, create a completely new performance for each double with a different instrument!

Archived