My first release... all done in Logic :-)

prospect

• 3 weeks later...

dude this stuff is incredible! Very origional I've probably listened to it like 20 times i discovered it. And u don't even have a label!? incredible. Keep workin with ur stuff man cuz its great! and keep me updated. Also if u ever get a chance maybe u could check out some of my music and offer suggestions that'd be cool.

http://www.macjams.com/song/26446

for some reason this has incredibly bad quality i dont even know why.

Happy Hardcore is so much fun to listen to.

I love that little piano lick you got riding on the top right speaker.

Thanks for the kind words man, really.

I didn't expect much of a response from this forum since there is so much talent in our diverse world of Logic.

Hi there,

LIke NoUrgency, I've been going back to your site on a semi-regular basis for a listen. I particularily like your combimation of electronic and real instruments. Can't get enough of "Modern Art of Seduction". Your toons are very accessible and hooky, but interesting too. I could really hear someone like Iggy Pop doing 'Friend for a While'.

I think both of you guys are well on your way. Kudos to you for getting your stuff out there for us to hear.

NoUrgency--What a 'happy' toon. It made me smile instantly. I really like the arrangement and dynamics. For me it clipped right along and never stayed in one place too long. And, I think that is the secret to that genre of music. I'm glad I had a listen, because now I am going to go back into an electronic toon I'm working on right now that's dragging and boring in spots to see if I can tighten it up.

Thanks to you both for sharing and postive vibes to you and your music-making.

-allan

I've tried listening to this several times without success because the myspace player wouldn't start. It does now.. and wow am I glad I persisted!!!

I love it! Love the fact that those are songs, with a singer, and yet mix all sorts of modern electronica music, and heavy guitar... a little bit of everything... GREAT!

You were at the Remix Hotel in LA? I missed you...

• 1 month later...

I have been listening to your EP for the past month or so now. I just can't get tired of it! The only thing that happened with it is that my favorite song changes over time: first my favorite was definitely I don't do I just am, and then quickly I fell in love with Rising to Set. Now it's Friend for a while which gets all my attention!

This is some serious songwriting you have there. Guys, go listen now! Download the whole thing!

• 3 weeks later...
I have been listening to your EP for the past month or so now. I just can't get tired of it! The only thing that happened with it is that my favorite song changes over time: first my favorite was definitely I don't do I just am, and then quickly I fell in love with Rising to Set. Now it's Friend for a while which gets all my attention!

This is some serious songwriting you have there. Guys, go listen now! Download the whole thing!

It's been weeks and I still don't know how to respond to this.

:o

• 2 months later...

Sounds Great!

It would be cool to hear about some of the techniques that you used to make some of the sounds. How did you end up incorporating the live drum kit? was it played...sampled...heavily effected...

After recording this do you notice yourself having a certain style...things that you often incorporate in every song?

In my critique...hmmm...for some reason I just get tired of the vocal sound (meaning effects wise)...but all in all it is probably more of the fact that it isn't my style of music. I would like to hear weirder effects on the vocals...you already have a lot going on there and it sounds great although eventually predictable to me... I like it weird. Maybe also some more dynamic stuff throughout the song like cutting to some effected drum part...or making some part that takes you completely from anything tonal and then comes back strong.

Cool stuff. I just always feel like just saying "cool stuff" doesn't really push us to be better...so I always leave comments and critiques. Even if the comments are not in a direction you are into.

Thanks for listening!

The live kit was played live. On some tracks where I had limited gear (i.e. one microphone) I would record one drum at a time straight through. Kind of a pain but it got the job done.

As far as the style thing, I suppose there are things that I do almost on a song-to-song basis that is approached the same way. Kind of like how an individual guitar player has their own distinct way of picking their strings, or the way a drummer likes his/her drums set up.

As far as the vocal sound thing, I've always liked the vocals to be as un-effected as possible. Everything else is doing all sorts of things, I want the vocals to be consistent. However I do know what you mean, since recording/writing this I've studied a little bit more about voice and I've been singing things a little differently, hopefully on the next one it wont seem as monotone.

I'll defit. play with the vocal track more on the next one though, thanks!

I see what you're saying about things becoming a bit predictable, etc..

I've always been a huge fan of pop structed tunes with weird elements.

I learned a lot doing this, and since doing this EP I've learned more about song structure and studio-trickery... hopefully my next one wont sound as bitter as this one did :twisted:

Thanks for the constructive criticism! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to chime in so late.. I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed these songs. Thanks for letting me download them, I know you are a working artist and promoting your work and I'm glad you've done so at the Logic Pro Help forums amongst other producers.

Do you have a studio space to work in when you are doing lyrics or do you just piss off your neighbors with your screaming? Heh, no really I love this stuff a lot it's not too electronic or too guitary it the perfect balance which is hard to find. (Sorry for that very abstract an untechnical description, I usually try to avoid making new adjectives.)

Keep up the good work, I'm keeping my eye out for you!

Cool music!

You've got a great sound. I think your lyrics on Modern Art of Seduction kind of sound like Daryl Palumbo (sp?) from Head Automatica/Glassjaw.

To imagine that you do ALL this on your own!!! Your are incredible.