Cubase user switching to Logic Pro with a few questions

anthonyw

Hi, I have been a Cubase user for years, but I recently got a Mac with Logic Pro.

When first starting a project there are only 2 slots for effects. Is there a way to change the number of slots that a project starts out with? I would like it to be max.

Is there a way to change the order of your effect plugins in Logic?

As you add a new plug-in, a new slot will appear to accomodate your needs. That keeps channel strips small and taking up less screen real estate until you fill'em up!

Otherwise you can go into the Track Mixer and insert a bunch of plug-ins into a single channel strip. Then go back and select "No Plug-in" for all but the last one you inserted. This will keep a bunch of plug-in slots visable on all channel strips. However, as soon as you delete that "last" plug-in then all the channel strips will assume their 2 slot normal state (unless you've added other plug-ins on other channels).

There's really no need to start out with a full compliment of slots due to Logic's automatic slot adjustment compensation.

Nice! I will try that when i get back to my studio, thank you.

Also, in Cubase when you have an audio file in a track you can select top edge, left or right side and drag a quick fade in/out, is anything like this possible in Logic besides using volume automation?

Now that I think of it there are a few other things that I was wondering.

In Cubase there was a feature to select part of an audio file on a track and adjust the level of just that party, in Logic I would be talking about a specific region.

Is there a feature to adjust the volume of just a specific region in the arrage window?

Where are the settings for Logic's bit and sample rate?

Answer # 1: You can change region volume via automation only. However, region based automation called Hyper Draw would allow you to set volume settings on a region by region basis. Hyper Draw and track automation compete for the same controllers so you have to choose one or the other!

Answer #2 Song sample rates are located under the global audio menu.

Answer #3 Logic's bit depth is set by going to Logic Pro/Preferences/Audio/Drivers.

You know, you could read the manual too! :lol:

Answer # 1: You can change region volume via automation only. However, region based automation called Hyper Draw would allow you to set volume settings on a region by region basis. Hyper Draw and track automation compete for the same controllers so you have to choose one or the other!

Answer #2 Song sample rates are located under the global audio menu.

Answer #3 Logic's bit depth is set by going to Logic Pro/Preferences/Audio/Drivers.

You know, you could read the manual too! :lol:

I agree, thank you for all your help ! :D