Logic prefs/key commands

ANALOGBOB

Logic Pro / Help / Late-Breaking News, page 7.

If you still can't find it, do a search for "com.apple.logic.pro".

Logic Pro / Preferences / Key Commands / Options / Import Key Commands. I think this imports only the key commands, though I'm not absolutely sure. It certainly won't bring over Environment objects, score styles, etc., if that's what you mean.

Welcome to Logic Pro Help.

• 2 weeks later...

Drat. I don't know. It must have been called something else in Logic 6. I just pulled out my Logic 6 manual and tried to find it, but I couldn't. (And you've probably already looked there.)

Here's a computer ruse you could try. Everytime you change a key command and save the Preference file, Logic makes a .bak file. Perhaps you could change a command, save the preferences, then go to a Finder window and do a search for a file that both ends in .bak and was created within the last minute or so. The file name should make it self-evident.

Or maybe some kind soul with a better knowledge of Logic 6 might remind us both where they used to be.

It must have been called something else in Logic 6

The file was/is called 'info.emagic.logic.plist'. (~/library/preferences/info.emagic.logic.plist)

There are a couple different preference files for Logic 6, but the 'plist' file is the one containing the keycommands.

You should be able to import your keycommands from this file from the KC window in LP7, (options> import keycommands) but you probably knew that already. :)

Hope that helps.