Sine Bass preset?

So like the title of the thread says i am indeed a noob when it comes to making certain sounds in logic. I had a friend teach me some very basics about 3 years ago (maybe longer) and all though he showed me how to create channels and open plugins, i didn't actually learn much more. I ended up overwhelming myself with plugins and samples before doing the inevitable and quitting.

Fast forward to present day and i am back with logic 9 and a Macbook Pro i7 having the most fun messing around and learning some pretty neat stuff from all you guys on here,

Theres one thing thats driving me crazy though and im hoping you eq whores can work something out for me.

Can someone upload a nice "sine Bass" please. I know how to make a (rubbish) one but im having mad trouble trying to make a nice deep sine bass. Its driving me mad and actually puts my music making to a halt and makes me quit logic with disappointment and another unfinished project with no bass :(

A channel setting strip would be awesome, if someone has the time:)

Thanks in advance!

PS.. I did do a search but could not find one. :oops:

im hoping you eq whores can work something out for me.

I'm not exactly sure why someone titled as such would even consider doing it, but here goes.

Can someone upload a nice "sine Bass" please.

Open an EXS24. Put your fingers on the left half of the keyboard. No, the other one, with them black and white thingies on it. Try to push not more than one of these down at a time. Use a pencil if that helps.

Christian

im hoping you eq whores can work something out for me.

I'm not exactly sure why someone titled as such would even consider doing it, but here goes.

Can someone upload a nice "sine Bass" please.

Open an EXS24. Put your fingers on the left half of the keyboard. No, the other one, with them black and white thingies on it. Try to push not more than one of these down at a time. Use a pencil if that helps.

Christian

(EQ Whore is a compliment) Other than that thanks for pointing out which side the bass clef is :roll: Lets hope you don't need help with something one day and get a english guy throw you a face punch of sarcasm

And if you want to shape the sound so that it has a little more character, set ENV2's controls as follows:

• attack (leave at zero)

• sustain (turn all the way down)

• decay (start at the halfway mark, then adjust to taste)

• release (start at about 45 ms, then adjust to taste)

Additionally...

• For more sonic character, turn the Fiter switch on and then turn up the Drive control

• To get more attack on the sound, set Voices to "1", set both halves of the Pitcher knob all the way to the top and then set Glide to 18 ms or so

wizzardface, do you realize that behind the sarcasm, fuzzfilth actually answered your question? The default patch on the EXS24 is a sine wave. Perfect for adding some OOMPH to your dance bass lines. I've used it before.

Yea i got that, maybe i should have explained that i did know to use the exs sampler for my bass, but the problem i have been getting is that whenever i try to actually use it and play with certain settings i cant seem to shift that "rubber" sounding bass. I cant seem to get it thick sounding?

A sine bass is everything but thick. In fact it's often used to reinforce another bass sound. Are you looking for thick? Maybe you're not after a sine bass after all?

Maybe i am confused? :oops: Im actually looking to layer it under samples ie brass, or synths that kind of thing. I make (practice making) a lot of hip hop and r&b and so im always looking to underlay it from certain sounds.

I will try and find some bits to show you to help explain my lack of knowledge :shock:

The two sounds in the two videos sound completely different, but none sound like a sine wave. The first sounds like a real electric bass (or sampled electric bass), the second like a synth bass.

Yea i did two different videos so i could get two answers :lol: So with the synth bass,(second video) its just been been threw a eq and had bass added via that? Because whenever i make a synth or use some presets, they dont have that deep bass and so thats why i thought there was a sine bass behind the synth track,

I hope im making sense :roll:

You lot must be cringing with my questions LOL

• 4 weeks later...

Archived