Multiple MIDI takes [SOLVED]

MowingDevil

I love the format for recording multiple audio where you can audition & comp various takes. Everything is automatically stored in the same track and available via clicking on the arrow.

Is there anyway to achieve this or something similar w/ MIDI takes? We're doing multiple E-drum takes and was wondering whats the best way to archive & audition various takes? There must be a better solution to using new tracks for each take. Packing them into folders? Love to hear how others manage their multiple MIDI performances.

The limitation of MIDI take folders is that they can't be quick-swipe-comp'ed. A workaround is to cut your MIDI take folders in several parts and choose the best take individually for each part.

To use multiple MIDI tracks as ski suggested (which I myself usually do as well), just select your current track and choose Track > New with Same Channel Strip/Instrument.

Thanks! I'll give it a go.

Being able to quick swipe/comp the MIDI like audio would be a great addition to a future update of Logic (attention there Apple).

EDIT: What exactly is the difference between selecting "New with same channel strip/Instrument" compared to "New with duplicate settings"?

EDIT: What exactly is the difference between selecting "New with same channel strip/Instrument" compared to "New with duplicate settings"?

The first one gives you a new Arrange track assigned to the same channel strip in the Mixer. The second one creates a new channel strip in the Mixer, and assigns it to the new track in the Arrange area.

Archived