[.midi] files importing...

reyterphrmbrktwn

What would be the procedure for importing .midi files that were created with Cubase- or transposing them into files readable by Logic Pro 9? .midi have all of the proper velocity calculations and articulations used by PLAY software.

I don't mind redoing midi assignments and whatnot, but my catalog of songs created with Cubase is way too big to redo from scratch... Just bought Logic Pro... looks like the same idea as Steinbergs stuff- just stuff in different places.

Mac Pro 5,1 OS X 10.6.5 *SnowLeopard/2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

32 GB/ 1333 MHz + 2 1TB HD’s+ 2 FW800 1TB ext./Logic Pro 9.1.3

EastWest:PlatinumPlusOrch+Choirs/MOTU/Roland/Kurzweil/EMU

Yamaha O1v/Tascam/Alesis/Cubase/WaveLab/Steinway B 1993

What would be the procedure for importing .midi files that were created with Cubase- or transposing them into files readable by Logic Pro 9? .midi have all of the proper velocity calculations and articulations used by PLAY software.

I don't mind redoing midi assignments and whatnot, but my catalog of songs created with Cubase is way too big to redo from scratch... Just bought Logic Pro... looks like the same idea as Steinbergs stuff- just stuff in different places.

Mac Pro 5,1 OS X 10.6.5 *SnowLeopard/2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

32 GB/ 1333 MHz + 2 1TB HD’s+ 2 FW800 1TB ext./Logic Pro 9.1.3

EastWest:PlatinumPlusOrch+Choirs/MOTU/Roland/Kurzweil/EMU

Yamaha O1v/Tascam/Alesis/Cubase/WaveLab/Steinway B 1993

You can drag midi files onto midi tracks in the arrange window

thanks robertg... as I sit here going through all of the manuals I just found the export as midi file which was leading me in that direction.

Though now- I have a much bigger concern... my East West software that set me back the same price as LP must be hosted within the program.

In Cubase, you just pulled the device list down and clicked add VST inst. So far, and it is early at this stage... the PDF is returning search completed with no results for VST's. If that the case, I have a very big issue with the Apple guy that swore this program would open up everything Cubase did.

I'll post my results as I have to continue with Logic for the sake of $$$...

thanks robertg... as I sit here going through all of the manuals I just found the export as midi file which was leading me in that direction.

Though now- I have a much bigger concern... my East West software that set me back the same price as LP must be hosted within the program.

In Cubase, you just pulled the device list down and clicked add VST inst. So far, and it is early at this stage... the PDF is returning search completed with no results for VST's. If that the case, I have a very big issue with the Apple guy that swore this program would open up everything Cubase did.

I'll post my results as I have to continue with Logic for the sake of $$$...

It probably has an audio units version which must be installed.. that is roughly the apple equivalent of VST