Undo silencer edit?

killabunny

I was trying to get rid of some clicks on a vocal track using the silencer in the sample editor. i chose a setting and pressed process but it sounded horrid so wanted to undo but it wouldn't. it seems it has permanently affected the track and i have no way of getting it back, what can i do? i cannot get the vocal trsck back from anywhere so im totally screwed if this cannot be fixed, please help.. Why would it not undo?? it did not warn me it could not be undone!!!! this is BAD!!!!!

I was trying to get rid of some clicks on a vocal track using the silencer in the sample editor. i chose a setting and pressed process but it sounded horrid so wanted to undo but it wouldn't. it seems it has permanently affected the track and i have no way of getting it back, what can i do? i cannot get the vocal trsck back from anywhere so im totally screwed if this cannot be fixed, please help.. Why would it not undo?? it did not warn me it could not be undone!!!! this is BAD!!!!!

Factory or Function?

They are both undo-able. How many undo steps do you have set up?

Maybe we should petition Apple to stop including a manual with Logic ... nobody ever reads them.

Nice, don't have a back up, please, can this be undone or not?

OK, I'll be frank then. No, you can't Undo it, as apparently your number of Undo steps is 0 (still to be confirmed), and yes, you should have read the documenttion about how the Silencer... in the Factory is different from Silence... in Functions and yes, you should have actually tried it before using it in a mission critical situation and yes, you screwed it ultimately by not having a backup.

Re-record it if it was you playing. If it was another talent, apologize for screwing up and then re-record it. Happens every once in a while unless you're on the top of your game and even then, it might bite you when you least expect it.

Christian

Archived