Locking a Midi Controller (fader) to one channel?

oldbetseysatan

Hi guys,

I'm sure I'm just overlooking something very simple but...

I'm midi-mapping out my template and for the life of me can't figure out how to lock one fader on my controller to one fader in my template.

In this instance I've got my metronome on/off mapped to a button and would like to lock the channels volume to the fader above it.

Problem is when I assign the channel fader (Glopfgeist) via midi-learn it defaults to Channel Strip/Selected Track which means that fader controls which ever track is highlighted and isn't specifically locked to the Click track.

Any help would be kindly appreciated!

R.

which means that fader controls which ever track is highlighted and isn't specifically locked to the Click track.

You can always change the Channel Strip "Selected Track" setting to say "Software Instrument" N ... (here you must set the Clopfgeist Instrument number according its software instrument insert order "not instr 256 " ) in the Advanced CA dialog (Option+K).

Anyway, you may have float CA settings regarding your input devices, template, dynamic track assignments etc. That's way I may offer a simple Environment direct cabling solution - look at the pic below.

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7122/directclickpatch.jpg

Archived