Mainstage playback plugin don't start immediately

sticksman

hi guys, i know maybe this question have been asked before. but i couldnt the answer.. can someone help me? i m using space bar on macbook to start the backing track but sometimes the singer may sing the sequence of the song wrongly like an extra chorus before verse2. so i will stop the playback and go to next marker standing by verse 2 and when we got to verse 2 i will just hit the space bar again to start from marker verse 2..but it doesnt start immediately in time with the band..

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I recently have the same issue when I trigger the Playback pluging with the drum pads on my axiom. I did this a while back with an older version and I don't remember it being issue then, but as you said there is definitely a delay in the sample starting so It's not useable to cue up samples in time.

Maybe it's something to do with a 3rd party plugin somewhere in the chain, but I hope the fix it in the next update.

Please make sure that your options in Playback are set correctly, Playback has many options like delay the playback till the next bar, etc. which can result in this delay.

Hi, I didn't tweak any settings other than telling it to loop and play from start. The snap to is set to off. It really just seems to be a bug. It's not a latency issue because the buffer is at 64 samples and my VI's have very low latency.

I guess for now I'll have to look for a 3rd party sampler that would work this way with MS.