Keyboard aftertouch

Solidwolftux

Hello,

I am a student in a sound engineering school, in first year, and during a work we used M-Audio Oxygen 8 keyboard with Logic and I quickly noticed that its keys have pressure sensitivity (aftertouch ?). At home I have a Roland Gaia SH-01 and while using it with Logic Pro 9 I noticed it doesn't have this feature, is it because I have to enable it somehow ? Please help !

Could what the aftertouch controls on college keyboard be assigned to a different controller at home. Might be a good thing to learn anyway? Not sure what facilities the Roland offers but I would have thought something could be assigned?

You could transform controller data to pressure data by patching a transformer between the physical input and sequencer input objects in the click and ports layer in Logic's environment. In the pic I'm transforming CC20 to channel pressure...a bit weird to "apply pressure" by turning a knob...but it works.

J.

CCtoCP.png.34842c10f238d28b62d7f7d3c5b16119.png

Ah the Waco Kid, yes I remember that scene very well. A very apt reference to your super quick typing reflexes. It's still one of my favourite comedy films - in spite of the constant use of a certain word that today’s audiences would find extremely offensive.

Go easy on the beans,

Alan.

Archived