T sax, flute on same printed score page w/ correct key sig?

ramusic10

I need to print one part for one player that begins on flute (concert pitch), then a few bars later switches to tenor sax (Bb, written a ninth higher than sounding pitch). I can't get the octaves and key signatures to show up correctly on one printed page that includes both parts for one player to play. Logic formats the part for one instrument or the other, but not switching between both on the same page.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I hope that I have understood what you are after -

are you trying to control the score view with score instrument templates in one track or midi data?

For this situation if I wanted it to sound correct and print correct I would create two regions - one for print, one for play-back.

Then in the print region you can adjust display by using the part box to insert key change information and shifting notes a ninth on the stave for Tenor Sax to read.

Not sure if this is what you are after?

Cheers

I need to print one part for one player that begins on flute (concert pitch), then a few bars later switches to tenor sax (Bb, written a ninth higher than sounding pitch). I can't get the octaves and key signatures to show up correctly on one printed page that includes both parts for one player to play. Logic formats the part for one instrument or the other, but not switching between both on the same page.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

You have to cut the region in parts for every place you change from Sax to Flute or vice versa.

Then you choose the right staff style on each region.

Important: To be able to watch all the cutup regions at the same time, you can not doubleclick on one of the regions in the arrange window but instead open score with "Command-2"

(I.e. if you doubleclick on one of the regions you will only see the region you click on.)

Michael in Sweden