Midi In Has Disappeared

jtenney

Hello everybody--

I've got a weird problem that's never happened before. In a project I've been working on for months, I suddenly don't get any "midi in" signals coming into Logic (9.1.3) when armed in record mode. In earlier versions of the project, which I have saved, it's working fine. Obviously some setting got altered accidentally, and I've looked in all the "obvious" places without success. I know there may be an obvious answer to this, and often I feel like a perpetual noob, but I am trying and am frustrated. Any ideas?

Thanks, and Happy New Year everybody!

later,

John

• Open the environment window

• Select the "Clicks & Ports" layer

• Do you see a continuous cable connection between the SUM output of the large "Physical Input" object and the small "Sequencer Input"? If not then that's your problem, and you have to re-establish the connection by re-cabling. In this situation, just drag a cable from SUM to the Sequencer Input and forget about all that other stuff.

If that's not the problem, then...

• When you play on your controller, do you see activity in the MIDI monitor section of the Transport?

Thank you, Ski! I just fixed it all by myself! Ohhh, the Proud Newbie! Actually, I remembered that I hadn't checked the Environment, and I have a weird setup having to do with WordBuilder in EWQL Symphonic Choirs (the old Kontakt version), so I went back to the (working) previous version, screenshot the Environment window, re-opened the problematic version, compared, and lo and behold! Recabled, and all is well. That's a lesson for me. Thanks again!

later,

John

Archived