Notation question

LP

Does anyone know how to solve this issue in a practical way or where I should look to learn to solve this ?...

How does one simplify the notation on the score below... I mean, it seems to pick up on the velocity (hope I'm using the term rightly) of some notes and complicate its notation...

12585341_Snapshot2011-01-1317-17-10.jpg.8a64afb73813002f7f48ed623fa5e801.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

BM,

i mean that the way the notation is showing is redundant... I only entered one continuous note ( it's a second violin entry) and it should show in the simplest way possible from the beginning, instead it's all broken down in the first bar

Any ideas?

Beer Moth,

Are you saying, because the note is starting a fraction off the beat, the notation can't show simpler?

Also, I can't change the composition because it's a done deal already submitted as a sound file... I'm just trying to have the score to look the best it can

Lower the quantise setting in the Inspector in Score window and see if that sorts it,or check the region itself (in the help tab it should start at x.3.0.0,or similar.

(As Music Spirit suggested in the other thread...see why he admonished you now?:D ).

Hope that helps.

The magic button IS the score editor's Quantize value. Look in the Inspector, top box. Those are the "display parameters". Select your part and look at the value for "quantize" (short for "display quantize"). It's probably set for 32nds or something. Change it to 16/24 or 8/12 or 4/12 and you should be good to go.

Archived