Help with M-Audio Keystation 49e

Hi everybody! I have a problem with my Keystation 49e... logic recognices it, i see it but it doesn´t sound anyway. with garage band works perfect but I can´t play anything on it, I am a new user in logic so I need some help please!

Macbook 2.16 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 3 Gb DDR2 SDRAM

Logic 9.0.0.

I started with the easiest, the piano and the rest of instruments I have installed with logic, creating a new external midi track.I see when I touch any note and I can write them in my project but they don´t sound... even when I reproduce the whole project. I can do everything with loops and samples but anything with my keyboard...

Thank You!

creating a new external midi track

You don't want an External MIDI Track. You need to create a Software Instrument Track.

Create a new Software Instrument Track. At the top of the Channel Strip for the track you will see a button called Setting. Load an instrument into the Setting slot. You can load the instrument by Click holding on the Setting slot or you can load from Media>Library.

oh my holy Sh++! Sometimes I think I am stupid...Now Its working fine!

Thank you guys a lot!

You're welcome! Glad it's working.

FYI

You have a MIDI controller, it only sends MIDI data so that is why you need the Software Instrument Track to play sounds in Logic.

If you had a keyboard that made its own sounds and you wanted to record that in Logic you would need to use an External MIDI Track.

Archived