Range of automation in the arrange automation view

Wave Mekanix

I was wondering if there was a way to limit the range of automation for a given control view when drawing automation in the arrange view. There are a lot of plug-ins that have a ridiculous range in order to accommodate your wildest fancy. For instance I'm using the U-He Uhbik-T trans modern Pan and Tremolo (The title is patently absurd). Set on the lowest 5 or 6 speed settings it makes the sickest LFO filter (there's an option for both tempo synced, and tempo synced Hertz multiples.. which so fundiculous, it never goes out of phase. Sorry this is totally unnecessary, I'm just gitty.)

Anyway, The same knob cranks up to multiples of 99 for different types of effects, and i have a lot of plugs like this, where it would be much more intuitive to draw automation if I wasn't moving the line/points in tiny tiny increments. Any ideas? Is there an easy way to do this in hyper editor maybe? I've made setups in the environment to accomplish similar things, but its too time consuming, and my projects are complicated enough.

OK just as I was raving about the damn thing, I don't think its really compatible here. When attempting to record automation using latch, touch, or molest mode, Its not picking anything up. The playhead pushes along a dot that remains at the initial level. Except one time where I flicked the knob up halfway and I got a spurt of data written in the automation track, which leads me to believe there is actually an issue.

When the track is stopped, I can move the knob up and down no problem, and watch the automation line go up and down. But recording is another story. I can record automation in the same channel with other plug ins no problem. Whats the verdict? Should I bale?

Archived