toggle zoom problem

alexalex

Hi!

When I use the shortcut "z", it puts all my contents on the screen (arrange window), but when I press "z" again, it's supposed to but the zoom back like it was the moment before that. Well, it doesn't...It stays at the same zoom level (all my content on the screen). I can't get this command to toggle back...

In my key commands, "z" is assigned to "Toggle Zoom to fit Selection or All Contents"

Anyone has a solution?

Thx

Hi!

When I use the shortcut "z", it fits all my contents on the screen (arrange window), but when I press "z" again, it's supposed to but the zoom back like it was the moment before that.

No, it isn't supposed to do that, actually. This behaviour is as expected. It is not a toggling command.

Some people (me, for instance) use "Z" for Auto track zoom which is a toggleable command. That might be the source of the confusion here.

The toggle fit... you are referring to (I have mine like Eriksimon, and shift+z for toggle fit...) toggles between a selection, and everything. If you don't have anything selected, there is nothing for it to toggle to from its 'fit all contents' state. It doesn't necessarily zoom back to where it was before.

so why is the name of the command "Toggle Zoom to fit Selection or All Contents"?

Aha! I was talking about a different command, the one selected, you meant the one beneath that:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5248/5360045626_f4d8857a5b_z.jpg

The Toggle command (my ctrl-opt-cmd-F1) works ad advertised here - but it only toggles if you have at least one or more regions selected. Without selection, nothing to toggle with...

edit: I see Seeren has already pointed that out... :)

Archived