workflow question

Oxygen

Ok so I am coming from an MPC into Logic where I am used to being able to record each drum sound on a different track, that way it is easy to go back and edit them later. Whats the best way to do this in logic. I was just duplicating my drum track with battery on it then just recording each part to a different track but that nullifies the aux sends I have going with my eq's on it. What does everyone else do to accomplish this? Thanks

Wats gonin on?

im jus crawlin the forums. i use the MPC 2500 i would say there several ways to do what your trying to do easiest being just create several instances of utrabeat or exs24 or whatever your using for drum samples.

here is a helpful link aswell http://www.logic-cafe.com/Homepage.asp?CategoryID=1

there is another tutorial on that site that will show you how to seperate by midi note when i have more time ill try to link it you basicly just record the drums as you would in a loop on the mpc in a ultrabeat track then under midi>seperate by midi event> by note pitch

word, the hyper editor is definitely more along the lines of what I am looking to do. The only thing that annoys me is that when I record my drums one at a time I only see that layer, instead of all the drums. Like if I lay down a hat pattern. stop recording, then start again and do my kick and snare, I will only see the kick and snare not the hat (even though you can still hear it). Its also the same thing in the piano roll. Is there a way to do it so I see everything I have recorded instead of just the most recent layer?

word, the hyper editor is definitely more along the lines of what I am looking to do. The only thing that annoys me is that when I record my drums one at a time I only see that layer, instead of all the drums. Like if I lay down a hat pattern. stop recording, then start again and do my kick and snare, I will only see the kick and snare not the hat (even though you can still hear it). Its also the same thing in the piano roll. Is there a way to do it so I see everything I have recorded instead of just the most recent layer?

this is really starting to be a hassle for me. If I wanna edit some drums I recorded starting the track, how can I do that? It seems everytime I record a layer, I only have the ability (in the piano roll and hyper editor) to edit what I just recorded. I want to be able to see all recorded notes to edit. Any ideas?

let me give an example of what I mean. I just laid down three bars of a 4 bar drum track because i wanted to record the 4th bar separately from the rest because it is easier for me to program my breakdown. So now I record again and only record in the 4th bar. Now I want to edit all 4 bars of notes together but instead I can only edit the first three bars together or the 4th alone. What should I do to get them all together?