Remixed track I've been working on

lookatthisguy

Hey all, this is a track I wrote a couple years back, before I knew anything about recording. I wrote it in Finale and borrowed an associate's time (and fully loaded GarageBand) to make a "recording" of it, but it didn't come out very well at the time. Luckily, I saved the files and have been able to fix it up a bit, and it's one of the compositions I'm using to apply for scholarships for Berklee.

I'm still ridiculously green when it comes to mixing, so I'm mostly looking for pointers on that, but if you guys have any other suggestions, I'm always open to them.

I like this very much. That's a great composition. You might try reworking the instrumentation/orchestration/arrangement/voicings as it sounds quite MIDI-ey, especially the strings sound more like a Mellotron. Also, you might consider re-doing the solo voices with real players.

Chrisian

Thanks! Yeah I've been playing around/experimenting with it a bit, trying to see what else I can get out of it and maybe getting it closer to what I have in my mind's ear. As it is, these are all Logic's and GarageBand's instruments, and I'm still learning the ins and outs of the synths.

Ultimately I do want to get it recorded by real players, I've just never been in the situation before where I had the people, gear and opportunity all at once. Maybe if/when I get in, I can make that happen…

Archived